As a community or network of Christians in the greater
Vancouver area, our calling is to build up the local church in the
area of hearing and responding to the life-giving word of Jesus.
Isaiah maps out the ongoing purpose of the Spirit of God:
The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me because God anointed
me. He sent me to preach good news to the poor, heal the heartbroken,
announce freedom to all captives, pardon all prisoners. God sent
me to announce the year of his grace- a celebration of God's destruction
of our enemies-- and to comfort all who mourn, to care for the
needs of all who mourn in Zion, give them bouquets of roses instead
of ashes, messages of joy instead of news of doom, a praising
heart instead of a languid spirit. Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness"
planted by GOD to display his glory. They'll rebuild the old ruins,
raise a new city out of the wreckage. They'll start over on the
ruined cities, take the rubble left behind and make it new.
Isaiah 61:1-4 (quoted by Jesus in Luke 4:18-19)
Together with the church:
- We invite a fresh understanding of the grace of God that brings
acceptance as well as strength.
- We invite a deeper honesty that allows each member to own their
failings without shame.
- We accept the cross as a place of communion as well as a place
- We accept the radical vitality of the risen Savior who shatters
legalism and reshapes bogged down personal belief systems.
- We accept the authority of the Lord of Life exposing and crushing
- We accept the Father's blessing in the deepest places of the
- We want to establish the resolute commitment of a joyful community
that can sustain the shaking and walk out the cost of true victory.
- To teach through seminars
- To invite healing through prayer ministry
- To demonstrate a gracious, listening model of ministry
- To connect, coach and train ministry teams
- To repair relationships between children and parents through
- To bring healing into friendships and marriages through a listening
prayer counseling model
- To encourage and strengthen local church leadership in their
ongoing task of releasing the body of Christ into ministry
Weekend seminars are available on the topics of listening prayer,
prayer for personal healing, training in listening prayer ministry,
hearing and healing the hearts of children and heart to heart communication.
See specific ministry tabs for details.
Listening prayer ministry and pastoral counseling is available throughout
the week through our office in Mission.